Aug 6 2014
Sky Racing Facebook – Win one of 4 double passes to the Bledisloe Cup Festival Race Day at Royal Randwick.
Both the Specific Conditions of Entry and the General Terms and Conditions apply to this promotion (the Promotion). If there is any discrepancy between the Specific Conditions of Entry and the General Terms and Conditions, then the Specific Conditions of Entry apply.
- Specific Conditions of Entry
- Eligible Entrants and Dates for Entry
- Entry into the Promotion is open to New South Wales residents aged 18 years or over who are not excluded from being involved by reason of part (b) of the General Terms and Conditions (Eligible Entrants).
- Relevant dates for the promotion are set out in Table 1.
- How to enter
- To enter this promotion, an Eligible Entrant must, during the promotion period, visit the Sky Racing Facebook page and provide a caption for the image of 25 words or less on the Sky Racing Facebook page (commenting on the image when posted by the Sky Racing Facebook page during the promotional period). Entrants who fulfil these criteria will be Eligible Participants.
- The maximum number of entries per person is set out in Table 1.
- 4 winners will be selected by the Sky Racing Social Media team based on ‘most creative response’ (the Winners). The selection of the winners will take place at the Promoter’s Frenchs Forest address, being 79 Frenchs Forest Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086.
- The Winners will be notified on the day of the competition end date. Notification will be via Sky Racing’s Facebook page by 5pm (AEST) Wednesday, 6 August 2014.
- In the event a Winner does not accept the Prize by 3:00pm on Thursday, 7 August 2014, the prize will be forfeited.
- The Prize is set out in Table 1.
- The Prize Winners’ will need to email the Sky Racing Social Media team with their full postal address and contact phone number to accept the prize, which will be posted to them by 3pm (AEST) Friday. If you have not received your tickets by that time, please contact the Sky Racing Social Media team on 02 9452 8400.
Relevant Information (all times are Sydney times)
Date entries Open
Wednesday, 06 August 2014, 12.01pm (AEST)
Date entries Close
Wednesday, 06 August 2014, 4:00pm (AEST)
Maximum number of entries per person
Entrants are limited to one entry per person. Only first entry will be deemed valid.
Prizes & Prize value
Each prize is a general admission double pass to the Bledisloe Cup Festival Race Day at Royal Randwick on August 9. Prize winner responsible for all other incidental costs including transport to and from, spending money etc.
Each prize is valued at $30 each ($15p/head), the total Prize Value: $120.
- General Terms and Conditions
The promoter is SKY Racing Channel Pty Ltd ABN 77 009 136 010 of 79 Frenchs Forest Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086 (the Promoter). This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- Persons not eligible to enter
- Directors, officers and employees of (and contractors to) the Promoter and its related companies and their immediate family are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. For the purposes of these Conditions of Entry, “immediate families” means a spouse (including de facto), parent, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild, or parent in law and includes stepparents and stepchildren and half siblings.
- Excluded Persons may not enter. “Excluded Persons” means any person identified as a minor, self-excluded patron or involuntarily excluded patron. If a person is identified as an Excluded Person, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the person to take part in the Promotion, or receive, any or all aspects of the Prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of the Winner receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Promoter encourages the Winner to seek independent financial and tax advice about any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings.
- Prize Specific Conditions
Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied or redeemed for cash. Prize values are GST inclusive, are in Australian dollars, and are the recommended retail values as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing. The Winners are responsible for all associated costs with the prize, including where applicable any other ancillary costs (such as travel to and from the venue). Each Winner and their respective guest must be over the age of 18.
- Exclusion of Liability
- While the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange the delivery of the Prize, by entering this Promotion, a Winner acknowledges that circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter may prevent the delivery of the Prize by that date, or at all (including the failure by the Winner to notify the Promoter of any change of delivery address of the Prize). In such circumstances where the Promoter forms a reasonable belief that any delay or loss of the Prize has not been caused or contributed by the Winner’s negligence, fraud or misconduct, the Promoter may (if circumstances permit) re-deliver the Prize to the Winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss, including, but not limited to, direct, consequential (including economic) or indirect loss or any loss of profits, by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their servants or agents, in connection with this Promotion or the arrangement for supply, or the supply or failure to supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Winner.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect, nor is intended to affect, any rights than an Eligible Participant might have that are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
- Use of Personal Information / Marketing
- The Promoter complies with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Any entries become the property of the Promoter. Any information Eligible Participants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion and will not be used by Facebook.
- The Promoter may disclose Eligible Participants' personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with Eligible Participants.
- By entering the Promotion, Eligible Participants consent to their personal information being collected, used and disclosed by the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion, and business partners for any promotional activities, including the Eligible Participant's personal participation in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter, and any marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Participant.
- Eligible Participants’ consent includes authorising the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion and business partners to send the Participant future electronic messages including but not limited to, SMS, MMS, and email regarding any promotional, marketing and publicity activities.
- Eligible Participants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Eligible Participant reasonable prior notice where their personal information is going to be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments or published under lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter.
- All Eligible Participants consent to the publication of their name and suburb of residence (however their full address will not be published) and agree to participate in reasonable Promotion activities as requested by the Promoter without any further payment or compensation.
- General Conditions
The Promoter, its employees, officers, agents, and its parent companies and subsidiaries are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits), or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize, or from participation in the Promotion or downloading material from tab.com.au; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- cancel or suspend the Promotion, should the security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion be compromised in any way by way of any virus or bugs in the IT system used for this Promotion; unauthorized human intervention; or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- disqualify any Eligible Participant who engages in offensive, illegal or objectionable conduct in respect of this Promotion;
- disqualify any Eligible Participant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in accordance with any written directions given by any relevant government or regulatory authority to do so;
- request a Winner provide proof of age, identity or proof of residency at the nominated Prize delivery address.
In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it's determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion or part of the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to Australian law.
By entering this Promotion, Eligible Participants acknowledge that it is a condition of accepting the Prize that they may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter and agreed to by the Winner, acting reasonably.
- To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Terms and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Terms and Conditions are unclear, the Promoter will make a decision regarding such situation. The Eligible Participant will have the right to request an internal review of the Promoter’s decision. Subject to any regulator direction to the contrary, the decision of the internal review will be final and binding.
- In the event that a Winner is identified as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions (the Refused Winner), the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Winner to take part in, or receive, any or all aspects of the Prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so, and will conduct a re-draw.
Entrants also acknowledge that the Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and that Facebook has no liability to entrants in relation to the promotion. Entrants agree to fully release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to your participation in this Promotion.
By Sky Racing
Email to friend